At Supply Chain Coach® we coach and train individuals and teams how to establish a world-class Supply Chain Network.
Without well a designed, optimised, efficient and effective supply chain network, you will not be able to:
- Bring your Supply Chain Strategy to life
- Deliver a globally-competitive Supply Chain Strategy
- Achieve your Corporate Strategy.
The Supply Chain Network includes supply chain members from suppliers to customers (i.e. local, national or global B2B-external, B2B-internal and B2C). It focuses on the physical location, logistics infrastructure, value-adding operations and distribution requirements, that are used and required to ensure goods and services flow efficiently throughout the network, as required by the Supply Chain Strategy. It also examines the capabilities required at each node in the network, their roles and responsibilities and performance requirements.
Establishing or reviewing a supply chain network answers questions like:
- How can we better design our supply chain network to improve our response to marketplace demand?
- Where are we going to put our warehouses? (Locally, nationally, globally)
- How do we increase the utilisation of our supply chain assets?
- How can we increase the return on our supply chain assets?
- Should we operate our own warehouses or should we outsource to a Third Party Logistics (3PL) Service Provider?
- What is our distribution strategy?
- How can we make the network work efficiently and effectively so that customers get their goods on time?
- What transportation should we be using to freight our goods from suppliers to our warehouses?
- What transportation should we be using to freight our goods to customers?
- Who exactly is doing what in the supply chain, have we agreed to this and do we have this in writing?
Would you like your Supply Chain Network to perform at the highest level of supply chain maturity? If so, then it would look something like this:
Supply Chain Network Goal: Domestic and international supply, logistics infrastructure, company operations and distribution are optimised and allow goods and services to flow from supplier to customer (B2B and B2C) in compliance with the Supply Chain Strategy. Supply Chain Network performance objectives are sustainable and substantial value is continuously created.
At Supply Chain Coach® we empower individuals and teams to establish a world-class Supply Chain Network by providing guidance and education in the following areas:
- Supply Chain Network Management
- Inbound Supply Chain Network Review, Design & Optimisation
- Outbound Supply Chain Network Review, Design & Optimisation
- Supply Chain Network alignment to Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Segment Reviews
- Warehousing Strategy, Review, Design, Planning & Optimisation
- Warehouse Operations Review & 5S (5S = Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain)
- Supply Chain Asset Management (including Maintenance & Utilisation)
- Distribution & Transportation Strategy, Review, Planning & Optimisation
- Outsourcing & 3PL Strategy, Review, Tendering & Evaluation
- Integrated Logistics Review
- Freight Optimisation