Expedites success, relationship building and operational appreciation
On location is where the action is! You may prefer your supply chain coach to see your operations onsite for a better appreciation of what you need to achieve success.
Working together face-to-face can help build deeper relationships and trust, ultimately creating harmonious synergies within the team. In some cases, meeting key personnel and management can be crucial to effectively work through difficult discussions, brainstorming, reviews, designing and planning.
- Coaching is ideal for individuals and teams requiring expert guidance when embarking on unfamiliar territory.
- Our goal is to build your expertise and confidence through knowledge transfer and to provide you with the tools and templates you need to expedite your required outcomes.
- Your supply chain coach’s role is to provide you with comprehensive guidance and feedback—not to do the work for you.
- Professional and expert guidance increases your return on supply chain investments and significantly reduces your supply chain risk.
- Comprehensive guidance is provided across the five core supply chain capabilities and guidance using the methodologies covered in our executive education programs, allowing you to rapidly gain a return on your education investment.
- You may also wish to receive coaching during or after working with our sister agency Supply Chain Manager™ to ensure supply chain improvements, goals and targets are achieved and sustained.
Onsite Coaching options include:
- Onsite Coaching 4 Pack: 4 x 1 hour onsite coaching sessions;
- Onsite Coaching Program: 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or customised.
Onsite Coaching 4 Pack
- The Onsite Coaching 4 Pack is delivered as follows:
- 4 x 1 hour onsite coaching sessions;
- Setup and reporting;
- Sessions conducted once per week or fortnight;
- All sessions completed within 2 months.
- Lead Coach: A lead coach is assigned to manage your Onsite Coaching 4 Pack.
- Objectives: The individual or team receiving the coaching completes the Coaching Session Objectives Form prior to the first session and requirements are confirmed.
- Best-fit: One or more best-fit coaches are assigned to deliver the coaching to achieve the Coaching Session Objectives
- Pre-Session Preparation: As an additional option, you may request your coach to review your work so that they may provide feedback during an onsite coaching session.
- Delivery: The Onsite Coaching 4 Pack is delivered through: (a) onsite coaching sessions; (b) any pre-session preparation required is completed remotely by the coach.
- Onsite 4 Pack Evaluation & Status Report: An Evaluation & Status Report is completed with your lead coach at the end of the 4 Pack via teleconference. This is to review the achievement of the Coaching Session Objectives and to identify next steps.
Onsite Coaching Program
- Duration: 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or customised.
- Intensity: Light, moderate or comprehensive.
- Participants: Individual or team
- Program Structure: Semi-structured or fully structured—it’s your choice. A fully structured program means we adhere to the plan. A semi-structured program means we progress the plan, but also provide guidance on urgent day-to-day matters.
- Frequency: Considerable flexibility. Our programs are designed based on your requirements. Options include weekly, fortnightly or monthly coaching, or a variation of these. Alternatively, a concentrated period of daily coaching may be needed until requirements are established, and then progress to fortnightly coaching.
- Lead Coach: A lead coach is assigned to manage your Onsite Coaching Program.
- Program Plan: Together you develop the Program Plan via an onsite workshop to identify objectives, requirements, structure, timing, communication methods, reporting and personnel who will be involved in the program.
- Best-fit: One or more best-fit coaches are assigned to deliver the program, and one or more coaches may attend each coaching session.
- Pre-Session Preparation: Your coach or coaches will prepare for each coaching session to drive the objectives of the Program Plan. This includes preparation of presentations (informational, educational, program requirements, updates etc.), development of workbooks and templates, review of your work to provide feedback.
- Delivery: The Onsite Coaching Program is delivered through: (a) onsite coaching sessions; (b) email support; (c) pre-session preparation completed remotely by the coach.
- Program Progress Reporting: Your lead coach will prepare and submit a monthly Program Progress Report.
- Program Evaluation Report: A Program Evaluation Report is completed with your lead coach at the end of the Program via teleconference. This is to review the achievement of the Onsite Coaching Program and to identify next steps.